BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
The business idea is as follows:
- You want to start up a tour business that caters for MAMILs
- The idea is that, for a fee, you will arrange a cycling tours in desirable (bucket list) locations, e.g.
- Tour of Tasmania in warmer months
- In the more temperate months offer tours of wine regions such as Barossa and Clair Valleys in SA, or Margaret River Region in WA or Hunter Valley and surrounds in NSW
- Tropical tours in the colder months e.g. the Daintree and Port Douglas region, etc.
- The tours will accommodate approximately 20-30 cyclist at a time and will be fully supported by your team of tour coordinators and tour support teams.
- You will market to MAMILs in your own capital city (for example in Hobart).
- You will equip a 6-Metre (20ft) shipping container to safely and securely transport their bicycles and equipment to the starting point for each tour and return everything to a central point back in their capital city at the end of the tour.
- It is the responsibility of each MAMIL to drop off and pick up their gear at the central point in your capital city.
- The duration of the tours will range from 7-14 days
- Preliminary research on your part indicates that MAMILs would be prepared to pay in the range of $3-5k each for a tour.
- The model that your tours will follow is:
- The MAMILs pay their own travel costs to get to the start point of the tour and their return home at the completion of the tour.
- Your tour team will provide a support vehicle to travel with the herd each day of the tour.
- The tours will range from budget tours where they will stay overnight in camping and caravan parks along the way, through to more up-market tours where they will stay in hotel and or B&B style accommodation.
- For the budget tours, you propose that your vehicle provides a BBQ breakfast and evening meal at the camps.
The way you want to set up this new business is to develop a single but successful operation that services MAMILs in your Capital City. When you have the model running successfully, you plan to franchise operations national and potentially internationally. Your goal is that in five years’ you will be managing a group of franchises and have both a good income as well as a good work/life balance.
In the report, you have to:
- Conduct a SWOT analysis on this proposal.
- Following the SWOT analysis, make a determination on the viability of the proposed business. Consideration for your risk management and decide a “Go’ or “No-go” for developing this business.
- Assuming a “Go”, you need to use “KALIPOT” as your business name
- Now make a Mission Statement for your business.
- Make a Vision Statement and also make a Values Statement.
- Now consider the operations and develop a preliminary Organisational Chart, indicating the functional units of your business (You need to make an Organisational Chart here)
This is only a sample of Organinsational Chart. Please make your own according to the requirements.
Please put a functional unit (the people who operate the cycling tour business. Example: manager, mechanic, first-aider, accountant, WHS specialist, etc.) It is up to you to research!
- Select one functional unit and develop a draft Management Plan that describes how the Unit will be managed.
- List 2 Key Result Areas (KRAs) for the Unit/Team
- Develop a draft Operational Plan that will achieve these 2 KRAs. Do not try and develop Operational procedures at this time because it is a very big job, however, make a list of operations within the Unit that could require clear operating procedures.
- List resources that you will require the implementation of your Operational Plan including human resources.
- Identify any resources that you do not currently have but will be needed to achieve your goal.
(Goals for example are Finances, Customer satisfaction, logistics, safety, time.
But it’s really up to you.)
- Outline a strategy for obtaining any identified additional resources including approvals.
- Identify and make a key milestones in the implementation of your Operational Plan. ( Please make a Gantt chart!)
This is only a sample of Gantt Chart. Please make your own according to the requirements.
Above image is only an example.
- Make a checklist for monitoring the progress and effectiveness of your Operational Plan. Consider some monitoring factors such as;
This is ONLY a sample checklist. Please make your own according to the requirements
Above image is only an example format.
- Outline the features you could effectively monitor and review the implementation of your Operational Plan.
- Develop a list of contingency plans for the operation.
- Develop a plan to protect intellectual property.
Font: Times New Roman
12 APA Style reference and In-text citation
Minimum of 2250 words (References are not included in the 2250 words, but only the content of the written report)
Assessment Task 1: WRITTEN REPORT
For this assessment, you will need to write a report on the following tasks. These tasks will need to be completed and submitted in a professional, word-processed format in no less than 2250 words.
First page only is for Executive Summary:
You need to explain in brief about the whole report in here. Don’t explain more than 250 words
Must include Topic, Objectives, Methodology (Qualitative), Findings, Conclusion.
Explain in brief about the background of the organisation
Give overall review of the report which you are going to discuss in here.
Explain conclusion here.
Give minimum 12 references (must be in APA Style referencing format) and In-text citations.
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.