Mat 120 Statistics Test Essay
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Mat 120 Statistics Test Essay
Name: ______________________________ (26 answers, 4 pts ea.)
- Forbes gave the following data about percentage return on capital for some stocks: 1.9, 2.6, 1.8, 2.6, 2.1, 4.2, 0.6, 0.9, 1.7, 3.4, 2.8, 3.1, 1.0, 0.7, 4.2, 3.2, 4.7, 1.6 (percentage return on capital is normally distributed with s = 1.244%)
Find (round to nearest hundredths):
- The 98% confidence intervals for the population mean _________________.
- The 85% confidence intervals for the population mean _________________.
- How many more (than the original 18) would they need to sample to be 96% sure to be within 0.5 of the population mean? ______________.
- You live near a Mac Donnel’s and want to estimate the proportion, p, of your neighbors who go there on a typical day.
- How many people in your neighborhood should you include in your random sampling to be 94% sure that you are within 1% of the population proportion? ___________.
- If 23 out of 45 of Candiss’ neighbors visit Mac Donnel’s every day, how many people should be included in your random sampling to be 86% sure that you are within 2% of the population proportion? _________
- You live near a Mac Donnel’s and want to find the population mean for the number of visits from a neighborhood similar to yours on a typical week.
- You sample 34 of Davy’s neighbors and get the mean to be 6.8 with pop std dev of 1.7. Find the 97% confidence interval for the population mean of Mac Donnel’s visits. _______________________.
- You ask 54 of Andrien’s neighbors and find that 32 visit regularly. Find the 82% confidence interval for the population proportion of Mac Donnel’s visitors. _______________________.
- What is the sample mean if the confidence interval is (127.4 g, 268.1 g)? _________
**for problems 5 & 6, find the zc or tc value, as appropriate.
- What is zc/tc for a 72% confidence level when the pop std dev is known? ________
- What is zc/tc for an 88% confidence level when p-hat is 0.35? ________
- Find the point estimate of the population proportion if 46 out of 92 people prefer the weather of April. _______________
- Carryon’s new plant makes pistons where the variation in radius must be minimal. You sample 26 pistons and find a standard deviation of 1.18 mm. Assuming the radii to be normally distributed, find:
for a 80% confidence. __________ and __________
for a 99% confidence. __________ and __________
- The 95% confidence for the population variance. _______________________
For the following, conduct a hypothesis test using the p-value or critical value method.
Find and state: a) H1 or H0, as requested, b) zc or tc value as appropriate c) z or t value as appropriate d) the interpreted answer to the question.
- The C-Paz Light Bulb Company claims the mean life of a certain type of bulb more than 2500 hours, with a population standard deviation of 400 hours. Mairy’s random sample of 182 bulbs has a mean life of 2515 hours. Does your data support C-Paz’s claim at α = 0.04?
- a) H1__________ b) __________ c) __________ d) ________________________________
- Shutrum University claims the mean class load for their faculty is less than 25 students. Hanha randomly selected 22 classes and record the class size of each. At a 6% level of significance, does the data support SU’s claim? Hanha’s data: 15, 20, 25, 30, 28, 32, 31, 18, 25, 29, 30, 25, 28, 11, 23, 28, 16, 20, 21, 21, 18, 16. (s = 5.965) (MU class size is normally distributed)
- a) H0__________ b) __________ c) __________ d) _______________________________
- Jissica sells real estate. She saw that in a sample of 23 of her homebuyers, 13 found her through a friend. At α = 0.07 can she reject the claim that less than 70% of homebuyers find their real estate agent through a friend?
- a) H1__________ b) __________ c) __________ d) _______________________________
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.