Week 5 explores healthcare in developed countries including different approaches regarding the role of the government.
- Evaluate economic issues relevant to the health care policy debate.
- Interpret the factors that affect the supply and demand for and health services in order to predict responses price, quality, and other factors commonly influenced by health policies.
- Analyze current-day delivery of healthcare health policy related to concepts involving efficiency and equality.
· MHA5030 Week 5 Discussion
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Provider payment has been a debate in the U.S. for years.
This discussion is designed to cultivate your ideas on the U.S. System of payment.
1. Identify three positive elements of our current healthcare payment system?
2. Identify three negative elements of our current healthcare payment system?
3. Propose a new payment system/structure that has been explored and comment on its feasibility?
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 200-300 words as noted in the attached Adobe PDF. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by Week 5, Day 2. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
Respond to your classmates throughout the unit. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning. Follow up posts need to be submitted by Week 5, Day 3.
· MHA5030 Week 5 Project
Top of Form
Due February 13 at 11:59 PM
Bottom of Form
This final project assignment is associated with the NCF (non-completion failure) grade. Failure to complete this assignment will result in the issuance of a grade of NCF if the course average would result in a failing grade in the course. Students should contact their Academic Counselor or Program Director if they have any questions regarding the NCF grade and its implications.
Access to care seems to be an arbitrary measure depending on multiple variables (i.e. locations, insurance, etc.). As a leader in the field you will need to clarify the definition of access.
Define access in a way that can be applied across the U.S. healthcare system.
In doing so be sure to include:
. Discuss access from the perspective of the general public.
. Discuss access from the perspective of insurance companies, both public and private.
. Discuss a minimum of five variables that impact access to care.
. Discuss strategies to mitigate the five variables identified, as well as how progress may be measured over time.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings as well as the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Submission Details: Name your paper as SU_MHA5010_W5_A_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. By Week 5, Day 6 submit to the Week 5 Assignment.