- a. What information should you ask the family regarding their culture, beliefs, and coping mechanisms?
- b. The family wants to be at the bedside with David and requests to be present if he has a code blue or becomes asystolic.
- c. What is your best response to their request?
2. A 45-year-old divorced Filipino man with end-stage Alzheimer’s disease was found dead from hanging. While preparing the body for the morgue, the mother tells the nurse that he has disgraced the family and he will go to hell.
- a. What religious or spiritual beliefs influenced the mother’s reaction?
- b. How should the nurse respond to the mother?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.