Remote Access Domain Security Control or Countermeasure
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Remote Access Domain Security Control or Countermeasure
Remote Access Domain security control or countermeasure
1.In your browser, navigate to and read the Remote Access Policy template at https://www.sans.org/information-security-policy/ .
2. Using your favorite search engine, locate a remote access policy for a higher education institution.
3. Using your favorite search engine, locate a remote access policy for a healthcare provider.
Write a brief summary of the information during your research. In your summary, focus on the key elements of the remote access policy. You should also identify any unique elements of remote access policies for higher education and healthcare institutions. Be sure to provide links to the remote access policies you identified in steps 2 and 3.
As you found in your research, different industries have similar but different policies. When using a policy template, it is important to ensure that the template matches the needs of your specific industry and business.
1. Review the following risks and threats found in the Remote Access Domain:
· The organization is a local credit union that has several branches and locations throughout the region.
· Online banking and use of the internet are the banks strengths, given its limited human resources.
· The customer service department is the organizations most critical business function.
· The organization wants to follow the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and IT security best practices regarding its employees.
· The organization wants to monitor and control use of the internet by implementing content filtering.
· The organization wants to eliminate personal use of organization-owned IT assets and systems.
· The organization wants to monitor and control use of the e-mail system by implementing e-mail security controls.
· The organization wants to implement security awareness training policy mandates for all new hires and existing employees. Policy definitions are to include GLBA and customer privacy data requirements, in addition to a mandate for annual security awareness training for all employees.
Identify a security control or countermeasure to mitigate each risk and threat identified in the Remote Access Domain. These security controls or countermeasures will become the basis of the scope of the Remote Access Domain policy definition to help mitigate the risks and threats commonly found within the Remote Access Domain.
3. Review the following characteristics of the fictional Healthwise Health Care Provider:
· Healthwise has several remote health care branches and locations throughout the region.
· Online access to patients medical records through the public Internet is required for remote nurses and hospices providing in-home medical services.
· Online access to patients medical records from remote clinics is facilitated through a virtual private network (VPN) and a secure web application front-end over the public Internet.
· The organization wants to follow the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and IT security best practices regarding remote access through the public internet.
· The organization wants to monitor and control the use of remote access by implementing system logging.
· The organization wants to implement a security awareness training policy mandating that all new hires and existing employees obtain remote access security training. Policy definition is to include HIPAA and electronic protected health information (ePHI) security requirements and a mandate for annual security awareness training for all remote or mobile employees.
Create an organization-wide remote access policy for Healthwise Health Care:
Healthwise Health Care
Remote Access Policy for Remote Workers and Medical Clinics
Policy Statement? Define your policy verbiage.
Purpose/Objectives? Define the policys purpose as well as its objectives and policy definitions
Scope? Define whom this policy covers and its scope. What elements, IT assets, or organization-owned assets are within this policys scope?
Standards? Does the policy statement point to any hardware, software, or configuration standards? If so, list them here and explain the relationship of this policy to these standards. In this case, Remote Access Domain standards should be referenced, such as encryption standards and VPN standards; make any necessary assumptions.
Procedures? Explain how you intend to implement this policy for the entire organization.
Guidelines? Explain any roadblocks or implementation issues that you must overcome in this section and how you will surmount them per defined guidelines. Any disputes or gaps in the definition and separation of duties responsibility may need to be addressed in this section.
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME]and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.