Safety and Transportation Essay Assignment
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Safety and Transportation Essay Assignment
Communities are composed of the core, which are the people and eight subsystems. A community assessment typically starts with a windshield survey where each of the eight community subsystems are explored. This assignment is focused on helping health professional students explore the relationship of safety and transportation to determinants of health. Mayor Franklin Hill has information about safety and transportation in Sentinel City®. Officer Cooper in Acer Tech has information about neighborhood crime rates.
- Identify safety and transportation features in a specific community
- Describe how safety and transportation is related to a specific determinant of health
- Describe the health impact of positive and negative characteristics of a community
- Use current literature to provide rationale for determinant of health identified related to safety and transportation
- Review the following resources:
- Course textbook and/or other assigned readings
- Determinants of Health
- Review Table 4 from the FBI 2016 Crime in the United States report at https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/preliminary-report/home
- Meet with Mayor Hill and Officer Cooper to discuss safety and transportation as well as neighborhood crime rates.
- Enter Sentinel City® and begin the bus tour.
- As you tour the city, note anything in the assigned neighborhood or entire city related to safety and transportation.
- Address each of the features in the far-left column and add two additional features. Fill in the each of the remaining columns.
- For questions, contact your instructor.
Subsystem: Safety & Transportation Safety Observed/Not Observed Neighborhood Relationship to Social Determinants of Health Evidence-Based Rationale (How Safety Impacts Health) Citations here Reference on the page below Police Presence Signs of Criminal Activity Graffiti Street Lighting Crime Rates Other Crime Rate Comparisons
Compare the crime rates in Sentinel City® with the crime rates for a city of similar size in your home state, and with national crime rates. Use Table 4 data from the FBI 2016 Crime in the United States semi-annual report to find crime rates for your selected city at https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/preliminary-report/home
Note: You are comparing Sentinel City by community with a comparable city in your state. Don’t get stuck in the numbers. See the learning objective #4 above.
Sentinel City® Crime Rate by Neighborhood: Talk to the officer at City Hall. Crime Rate for City in Your Home State Acer Tech:
Transportation Observed/Not Observed Neighborhood Relationship to Social Determinants of Health Evidence-Based Rationale (How Safety Impacts Health)
Citations here Reference on the page below
Fire Station/Fire Hydrants Public Transportation Highways Location of Bus Stops Other
AACN Public Health Essentials
This assignment addresses the following AACN Public Health Essentials:
- Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
- Apply systems theory to PHN practice with individuals, families, and groups.
- Essential III: Essential III: Scholarship for Evidence-Based Practice
- Use epidemiologic data and the ecological perspective to identify health risks for a population.
- Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Optimizing Health
- Practice evidence-based public health nursing to promote the health of individuals, families, and groups.
- Essential IX: Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
- Use basic descriptive epidemiological methods when conducting a health assessment for individuals, families, and groups.
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.