Samsung’s New Challenge: Rising Component Costs
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Samsung’s New Challenge: Rising Component Costs
[WLOs 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 2, 3 6]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read The Wall Street Journal article Samsung’s New Challenge: Rising Component Costs, and the Business Insider article Samsung Introduced 10 Times as Many Phones as Apple Last Year, but Its Mobile Division Made Half as Much Revenue (Links to an external site.).
In a three- page paper (not including the title and reference pages) assess how Samsung’s technological smartphone innovation accounts for the company’s sales growth of mobile devices worldwide.
In your paper, determine whether Samsung could benefit by implementing a global product line-up strategy to pursue profitability. To make the determination go to Samsung’s.com official website and locate the “Investor Relations” link to retrieve Samsung’s financial statements. Utilize the SEC filings and annual reports to summarize Samsung’s principal goods and services, market share, geographic locations where it operates, and major competitors.
Samsung is a leading smartphone vendor worldwide. In 2017, Samsung’s market share of the global smartphone market was at around 21.6% with Apple as its closest competitor in the market. As the world’s biggest smartphone maker, Samsung tries to keep profits up in its mainstay mobile phone business, but the rising costs of the components that go into its devices proves to be a challenge.
In your paper,
- Assess whether Samsung could benefit by using Activity Based Costing (ABC). Your evaluation should include
- factor(s) that influenced your decision,
- the ramifications of implementing ABC in the Global smartphone market, and
- how you would structure the distribution of costs using ABC for Samsung.
- Assess whether Samsung could benefit by using a standard cost system. Your evaluation should include
- the factor(s) that influenced your decision,
- the ramifications of costs, quantity, and variances, and
- the ramifications of using standard costs in the global smartphone market.
- Explain how Samsung could benefit by product pricing in terms of cost-plus concepts. This explanation should include
- Samsung’s future plans, such as, expansion, consolidation, and downsizing, and
- how costs concepts could be used in the decision making.
The Samsung’s New Challenge: Rising Component Costs Final Paper
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style resource (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an Introduction and Conclusion paragraph. In the introduction paragraph indicate the purpose of your paper and provide an overview of the research design used. Introduce the various topics that will be addressed in the research paper. Identify the method(s) that will be used to collect the data for the topics and how that data will be evaluated.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.)as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must add an APA heading (Level 1 or Level 2) for each one of the topics discussed in the research paper as shown:
- Introduction (APA Level 1)
- Samsung’s Principle Goods and Services (APA Level 1)
- Global Market Share (APA Level 1)
- Geographic Locations (APA Level 1)
- Major Competitors (APA Level 1)
- Activity Based Costing (ABC) (APA Level 1)
- Production Costs of Cellphones (APA Level 2)
- Samsung’s New Challenge: Cellphones Rising Component Costs (APA Level 2)
- Standard Cost System (APA Level 1)
- Cost-Plus Concepts (APA Level 1)
- Samsung’s Future Plans (APA Level 1)
Use the following APA Style blog to read about the APA Five Levels of Headings (Links to an external site.)
- Must use at least five scholarly and/or credible articles from ProQuest Business, industry databases Nasdaq.com and EY.com, and comprehensive accounting databases FASB codification, AICPA, and SEC reference library sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper guide. (Links to an external site.)
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.