supporting and encouraging physical activity
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
supporting and encouraging physical activity
Health is determined by influences at multiple levels, which includes recreation, one of the eight subsystems explored when conducting a windshield survey as part of a community assessment. Recreation can have a positive impact on the physical, mental and social health of individuals and their communities. Health professional students will explore ways recreation can be used to promote and support health and gain an understanding of how social interaction and recreation influences health. Mayor Franklin Hill is available to share insight about recreation in Sentinel City®.
- Recognize infrastructures that support and encourage physical activity
- Identify social conditions in a community that can have a negative influence on health
- Describe the social benefits of recreation
- Understand how social interaction and recreation influences health
- Review the following resources:
- Course textbook and/or other assigned readings
- Review social determinants of health
- Meet with Mayor Hill to learn about recreation opportunities in the city
- Suggested Supplemental Resources
- Physical Activity Council 2017 Participant Report at http://www.physicalactivitycouncil.com/PDFs/current.pdf
- Fast Facts on the State of Obesity in America at http://stateofobesity.org/fastfacts/
- President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition at https://www.fitness.gov/resource-center/facts-and-statistics/
- Enter SC® and begin the bus tour of your SC with a focus on your selected community.
- As you tour the city, observe where children are playing. Do you see teens or adults engaged in any forms of recreation? Are recreation facilities available for all ages? Are environmental (i.e. walking trails) and physical infrastructures in place to encourage physical activity or recreation? Notewhat you see and what you do not see! How does you community compare to SC at large?
- Research physical, mental health, and social benefits of recreation.
- Explore various social benefits of recreation.
- For questions, contact your Academic Coach.
Eighty percent of American adults do not meet the government’s national physical activity recommendations for aerobic and muscle strengthening. Nearly 45 percent of adults are not sufficiently active to achieve health benefits. Retrieved from http://stateofobesity.org/physical-inactivity 28 percent of Americans, or 80.2 million people, aged six years old and older are physically inactive. Retrieved from https://www.fitness.gov/resource-center/facts-and-statistics/.
Opportunities for recreational and leisure-time activities available in Sentinel City® Observed: Not observed: Physical & Mental Health Benefits Other than decreasing obesity, list two physical health benefits of recreation and include an evidence-based rationale #1 #2 List two mental health benefits of recreation for the elderly and include an evidence-based rationale Social Benefits of Recreation
Provide three examples in each column
How recreation strengthens communities:
How recreation promotes social bonds:
How recreation supports youth:
Evidence-based rationale (Citation & and reference list) Evidence-based rationale (Citation & and reference list) Evidence-based rationale (Citation & and reference list)
AACN Public Health Essentials
This assignment addresses the following AACN Public Health Essentials:
- Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
- Apply systems theory to PHN practice with individuals, families, and groups.
- Essential III: Essential III: Scholarship for Evidence-Based Practice
- Use epidemiologic data and the ecological perspective to identify health risks for a population.
- Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Optimizing Health
- Practice evidence-based public health nursing to promote the health of individuals, families, and groups.
- Essential IX: Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
- Use basic descriptive epidemiological methods when conducting a health assessment for individuals, families, and groups.
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.